Friday 11 January 2013

Arsenal vs Man City Preview + Thank you's on an important milestone


Top of the morning to yall
Needs 3 points for confidence

We welcome Man City to the Emirates this weekend in what will be the biggest game of the year so far and the first in a long list of though fixtures this coming month. And as far as team news is concerned, we might be without Olivier Giroud who the manager has declared to be 50/50 for the game while Abou Diaby got 65 minutes of U21 league game during the week after returning from injury since the end of September. While that is good news, I doubt if the manager would rush him back to the first team especially for such a big game but I bet the thought of Theo Walcott playing alone upfront against the likes of Kompany and Lescott would fill Arsene Wenger with so much confidence about his team’s chances in the game.

Its going to be a tough fixture and everyone not least the manager knows it. He says;
We know this a vital period for us, We are on a positive run. We still lack a bit of confidence in some situations and I feel our team will be very dangerous if we have full confidence.

We are not far from it but we need another positive result in a big game to be completely confident and believe in our ability to come back.

The team will have to play at optimum performance if we are going to get anything from the game. City have a bad record against us at the Emirates and if there is any good thing we can take into this game, its right there, in fact they havnt scored at Arsenal since 2007. I don’t expect that to play in their heads throughout the match, they have a lot at stake in this one as they might go 10 points behind United if they loose.  

They would be missing midfield marshal Yaya Toure and his brother Kolo due to the upcoming AFCON 2013 while we would be missing Gervinho though I see that as a blessing in disguise. David Silva would have to be watched closely, he has the ability to make something out of nothing, dribble his way out of tight corners or make that killer pass that could split a defence open like the red sea.

Our midfield trio of Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla would have their hands full and they would be key if we would get anything out of the game. Wilshere and Cazorla have not really formed the partnership we all drooled about at the start of the season but we know what they are both capable of and if they can get their put up their A game on Sunday, we have a chance of walking away with all 3 points.

I woke up with a warm fuzzy feeling this morning despite the cold and dry winds of the harmattarn. Exactly a year ago today, I wrote my first post on this blog, and looking 365 days on, it’s been a wonderful journey. Prior to my first post, I had no writing experience whatsoever and my only ammunition was my love for the Arsenal and it’s been a priceless one. I guess it’s true when they say, do what you love doing and you won’t be working.

It’s been thoroughly engaging and fun at the same time and I have enjoyed doing it every week and miss it every time I was away for one reason or the other. When I started out, I never thought I would reach this milestone and I am thoroughly delighted nonetheless.

I have made many new friends in the past one year, bloggers,readers and generally fans of the Arsenal, I would like to say thank you to you all. To my delectable and gorgeous Architect with whom I first shared the idea of writing a blog back then, I simply cant thank you enough for urging me on.
Thank You

Thank you all for making it worthwhile. Lets get another 365 days rolling. God bless the Arsenal
Follow me on twitter @nigeriangunners

1 comment:

  1. First time on here, must say I enjoyed reading this blog but what I enjoyed the must was the picture of the delectable girl that urges you on :). Congratulations! And you have won yourself an avid reader! COYG!!!

    ReplyDelete